This self drive family friendly trip is sure to show you the Pyrenees in a different light as you experience the lush green landscapes and striking mountains. The trip encompasses fantastic views as we traverse high altitude mountain passes that serve the ski resorts during the winter and were once used by smugglers in and out of Andorra and the opportunity experience Europe's longest toboggan run all based from the Spanish town of La Seu d'Urgell .
Situated between France and Spain, Andorra is a principality with a rich historic and religious heritage. Andorra is well know for being a shoppers paradise due to low local tax rates. All this fabulous heritage is nestled amongst the Pyrenean mountains with strong plenty of Catalonian influence in the food and culture.
As a young family ourselves we have created this family friendly adventure to balance the amount of driving with other activities that are sure to keep your little ones entertained.
A brief overview of the trip
Our next tours will run:
Sat 24th October -Sun 1st November 2020
Sat 23rd October – Sun 31st October 2021
Day 1&2 – Saturday & Sunday
The tour meets in Folkestone in preparation for our channel crossing using the Euro Tunnel. Using the tunnel allows us to enjoy a speedy crossing (only 35mins) and join straight onto the French motorways to continue our journey through France. Splitting the journey into two days allows for an overnight stop in France where there will be the option to join us for an evening meal and the chance to get to know the rest of the group. Before departing for Andorra, we will provide you with a continental breakfast at the hotel.
Day 3-7 – Monday -Friday
During these 5 days you will have the opportunity to explore many of the old smugglers trails and mountain peaks of Andorra and Northern Spain, accessing many fantastic view points. We also set aside a couple of days for you to visit some of the historic and religious sites in the country or for you to experience the thermal spa pools of Caldea.
Day 8 &9 – Saturday & Sunday
We begin our journey back to the UK, again breaking the journey into 2 days allows us to have an overnight stop in France with a final (optional) group meal and breakfast.
Cost for 1 vehicle and up to 2 adults - £2195
Additional child supplement - £295
Additional adult supplement - £395
What’s included in the price:
· Fully supported tour from Folkestone, UK
· Female and Male tour operators for the whole duration of the trip
· Assistance in booking additional activities during your stay
· Advice on obtaining a French motorway toll pass
· Cross channel tunnel ticket for you and your vehicle
· 2 overnight stops in France with complimentary breakfast
· 6 nights’ accommodation in a hotel in Andorra with complimentary breakfast - N.B. the rooms booked have a maximum occupancy of 4. Larger parties will be split across 2 rooms.
What’s not included in the price:
· French motorway tolls ( approx. £200)
· Meals other than breakfast
· Any excursions/ additional activities you wish to book